Sunday 10 July 2016

I now understand how easy it is for you to forget someone. Forget to reply to their once urgent messages, forget the feeling of butterflies when their name would pop up somewhere. Forget how much they once meant to you.

I no longer feel any pain or the creeping anxiety of an unread message. I guess this means I have finally moved on.

I never realised how simple and pain free it is to ignore someone when you're no longer interested in them.

It's like the thought has simply escaped your mind, and by the time you notice...a significant period of time has passed and you realise that both parties no longer care about each other.

Everything always finds a way to escape your grasp, and most of the time you can never do anything about it.

It has come down to this. I am not interesting or pretty enough to keep anyone around for long periods of time.

The moment I think I have done well for myself, they leave. In this case, they're moving to Ballarat.

I honestly thought as time went on, something would come of this. But i guess all guys are the same. They all seem to have one thought on their minds.

But from the beginning, I told myself not to get too attached and I have done just so. Did this benefit or help me in any way?

I'm not sure.

All I know is that there is no pain behind this goodbye. No real regrets. And definitely no tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment